Urology Specialists of Ohio’s Prostate Cancer Services
Thank you for choosing the Urology Specialists of Ohio. Your care and well-being are our primary concerns. Prostate cancer can be a difficult condition to deal with, and we want your experience to be as comfortable as possible.
If you’re looking for a prostate cancer center in the Dayton/Springfield Ohio area, please contact us at (937) 342-9260. We have multiple locations available, providing you with convenient access to the help you need.
At Urology Specialists of Ohio, we understand how health conditions like incontinence can negatively affect your quality of life. That’s why we’re here to provide personal counsel and treatment for the many types of bladder control issues that might be impacting your life.
What are the types of incontinence a woman might face?
- Stress Incontinence: When small amounts of urine will leak during physical activity or movement, like when laughing, sneezing or exercising.
- Urge Incontinence: When large amounts of urine tend to leak out unexpectedly during sleep, when drinking small amounts of water, or at any other time, especially after feeling a sudden urge to urinate.
- Overactive Bladder: This is classified by a sudden, strong need to urinate and also by the frequent need to go (8 or more times a day or multiple times during the night), which may or may not be related to urge incontinence.
- Functional Incontinence: This is common for women with physical or medical conditions, or problems in thinking or communicating, which can prevent them from reaching a toilet or being able to urinate properly.
- Overflow Incontinence: Rare for women, this is where leakage of small amounts of urine may occur due to a full bladder or bladder muscle issues.
- Mixed Incontinence: Here, stress and urge incontinence happen at the same time.
- Transient Incontinence: This happens when temporary leakage occurs due to infection, medication or illness.
What are the risk factors you should watch for?
- Being a woman (six of every seven cases of adult incontinence are women)
- Being pregnant or having recently given birth
- Participating in high-impact sports or exercise
- Being overweight
- Being postmenopausal with a history of other medical conditions like diabetes or multiple urinary tract infections
Urology Specialists of Ohio has been a committed part of the Springfield community for more that 10 years, and now serves Springfield, Beavercreek, London, Xenia, and Urbana striving to improve the medical community, with excellence in all areas of urology.
Our goals are to provide state of the art medical treatment for patients with genitourinary problems. We provide this in the most compassionate and cost effective way possible. We take pride in providing excellent care with attention to detail and respect in a friendly atmosphere.
Come and visit
We look forward to your visit. be assured that your great health is our focused passion. click below to see our 5 locations.
1164 E. Home Road
Springfield, Ohio 45503