Urology Specialists of Ohio
Information for MEN
Thank you for choosing the Urology Specialists of Ohio. Your care and well-being are our primary concerns, and we want your stay to be as comfortable as possible. Please call us if you have any questions at (937) 342-9260
MEN AND UROLOGICAL ISSUES
The most common urologic disorder affecting men is BPH – Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Urology Specialists of Ohio treats BPH as well as ED. We have a ‘MALE CLINIC’ just for men with sexual dysfunction and other male related issues. Dr. Mardovin and Dr. Colombo hold this clinic on Friday afternoon. This allows privacy and the ability to be seen for just that issue instead of any other urology issues.
Men experience some of the same urologic problems as Women. Cancer of the bladder and kidneys, urinary tract infections, kidney stones, congenital urinary abnormalities and hydronephrosis are some of the urologic issues faced by both men and women. There are also some urology problems unique to males due to the anatomical and developmental differences between men and women with the most common urologic disorder affecting men being Erectile Dysfunction (ED).
Urology Specialists of Ohio offers a wide range of services for men, and our urology specialists have extensive experience treating men suffering from erectile dysfunction, urinary incontinence and many other issues.
- Our practice is 70% male.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer
- 90% of men by the age of 90 will have an enlarged prostate.
- A total of about 50 million men have had a vasectomy — a number that corresponds to roughly 5% of all married couples of reproductive age.
- Researchers estimate that 50 percent of men over 60 years old experience ED.
- Nearly 30% of the men said they wait “as long as possible” to see if they get better before seeking medical care or advice.
- Older adults, especially men, have hematuria more often than younger people because they are more likely to take medications that can irritate the urinary tract, or have enlargement of the prostate, or cancer.
- Torsion caused by the twisting of the spermatic cord, is the most common cause of testicle loss in adolescent males.
- Only 18% of men will talk to their doctor about their incontinence symptoms.
- Bladder cancer in the 4th most common cancer in men.
Thank you for choosing our group of doctors and staff for your Urology needs. In order for us to better serve you, below is a checklist of things to know and bring to your first appointment. If you do not have the paperwork filled out prior to your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete in the office. If you do not have the paperwork filled out prior to your appointment time then your appointment will be rescheduled to another date.
Urology Specialists of Ohio has been a committed part of the Springfield community for more that 10 years, and now serves Springfield, Beavercreek, London, Xenia, and Urbana striving to improve the medical community, with excellence in all areas of urology.
Our goals are to provide state of the art medical treatment for patients with genitourinary problems. We provide this in the most compassionate and cost effective way possible. We take pride in providing excellent care with attention to detail and respect in a friendly atmosphere.
Come and visit
We look forward to your visit. be assured that your great health is our focused passion. click below to see our 5 locations.
1164 E. Home Road
Springfield, Ohio 45503