Urology Specialists of Ohio
Information for WOMEN
Thank you for choosing the Urology Specialists of Ohio. Your care and well-being are our primary concerns, and we want your stay to be as comfortable as possible. Please call us if you have any questions at (937) 342-9260
WOMEN AND UROLOGICAL ISSUES
Women experience some of the same urologic problems as men. Cancer of the bladder and kidneys, urinary tract infections, kidney stones, congenital urinary abnormalities and hydronephrosis are some of the urologic issues faced by both men and women. There are also some urology problems unique to females due to the anatomical and developmental differences between men and women with the most common urologic disorder affecting women being urinary incontinence.
The Urology Department at Urology Specialists of Ohio offers a wide range of services for women, and our female urology specialists have extensive experience treating women suffering from pelvic prolapse and urinary incontinence.
Top 10 Urologic Facts For Females
- Our practice is 30% female.
- 35% of women over the age of 60 are incontinent.
- Difficulty with bladder control in women can results in higher rates of depression and limit sexual activity.
- Ninety percent of the patients with an IC diagnosis reported food sensitivities, such as caffeine, acid food, alcohol, etc.
- Women tend visit their GYN for problems that are truly in an urologist specialty. An urologist should be consulted on problems that involve the bladder (such as prolapse), urination (such as incontinence), or kidney disease
- Women are less prone to kidney stones than men.
- About half of all women will have at least one UTI in her lifetime. This is because women have a shorter urinary tract than men.
- 80% of IC patients are women
- Women develop blood in urine (hematuria) more than men because women are more likely to have urinary tract infections, and these infections may lead to hematuria.
- Over 17,000 women are diagnosed with bladder cancer each year.
Thank you for choosing our group of doctors and staff for your Urology needs. In order for us to better serve you, below is a checklist of things to know and bring to your first appointment. If you do not have the paperwork filled out prior to your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete in the office. If you do not have the paperwork filled out prior to your appointment time then your appointment will be rescheduled to another date.
Urology Specialists of Ohio has been a committed part of the Springfield community for more that 10 years, and now serves Springfield, Beavercreek, London, Xenia, and Urbana striving to improve the medical community, with excellence in all areas of urology.
Our goals are to provide state of the art medical treatment for patients with genitourinary problems. We provide this in the most compassionate and cost effective way possible. We take pride in providing excellent care with attention to detail and respect in a friendly atmosphere.
Come and visit
We look forward to your visit. be assured that your great health is our focused passion. click below to see our 5 locations.
1164 E. Home Road
Springfield, Ohio 45503