Urology Specialists of Ohio
Thank you for choosing the Urology Specialists of Ohio. Your care and well-being are our primary concerns, and we want your stay
to be as comfortable as possible. Please call us if you have any questions at (937) 342-9260
The surgery scheduler will call you with the time and date of your appointment once she has arranged all the details. This may take a few days to weeks depending on the procedure that needs to be scheduled.
Our scheduler may need to obtain Cardiac Clearance before scheduling your procedure. Cardiac clearance is when your urologist consults your family doctor, cardiologist, or other specialist to learn if your body can tolerate anesthesia. This physician may need to see you prior to your procedure to determine the risk of anesthesia. This process can take up to two weeks, depending on the extent of the exam or testing required for your physician to determine a risk assessment.
Pre-Admission Testing (PAT)
You will be contacted from the pre-admission area of the hospital prior to your surgery. They will do an interview to determine if you require further testing prior to your surgery. They will order and schedule any testing that is needed. You MUST complete this prior to surgery. If you do not receive the phone call please contact our office.
Before Your Surgery
- Do not eat or drink ANYTHING after midnight the night before surgery. This includes gum, mints, water, coffee, etc.
- Stop taking herbal & dietary supplements 2 weeks before surgery.
- Stop taking diet control or obesity management medications 2 weeks before surgery.
- You will be informed when to stop taking your blood thinning medication. We will verify with your family physician or your cardiologist prior to stopping any blood thinners. Please ask the surgery scheduler if you have questions concerning stopping these medications. You will receive a list of these medications when you leave the doctor’s office, unfortunately the medications are constantly changing therefore if you question a medication please call the office.
- If you develop a rash, fever, or cold before your surgery, call the office.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from the hospital. You will also need at least 24 hours of care after the surgery. If you live alone, please arrange for someone to stay with you the day after the surgery.
Day of Surgery
- Leave all valuables at home (jewelry, money, ect.) You may wear your wedding ring in most cases.
- Bring your insurance card and a picture ID with you.
- Bring a list of your current medications including diagnosis.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing for more comfort when you go home.
- If you wear contacts or glasses, please bring the storage case.
- Do not wear make-up.
Urology Specialists of Ohio has been a committed part of the Springfield community for more that 10 years, and now serves Springfield, Beavercreek, London, Xenia, and Urbana striving to improve the medical community, with excellence in all areas of urology.
Our goals are to provide state of the art medical treatment for patients with genitourinary problems. We provide this in the most compassionate and cost effective way possible. We take pride in providing excellent care with attention to detail and respect in a friendly atmosphere.
Come and visit
We look forward to your visit. be assured that your great health is our focused passion. click below to see our 5 locations.
1164 E. Home Road
Springfield, Ohio 45503