What is the UroLift® System?
The UroLift® System treatment is a revolutionary, minimally invasive approach to treating an enlarged prostate, or BPH, that lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way, so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue.
Clinical data has shown that the UroLift System treatment is safe and effective in relieving lower urinary tract symptoms due to BPH without compromising sexual function1,2,3,4. The goal of the UroLift System treatment is to relieve symptoms, so you can get back to your life and resume your daily activities.
For more information about the UroLift System, ask your doctor and visit our frequently asked questions page.
How Does the UroLift System Work?
The UroLift System treatment is a straightforward procedure that is performed by a urologist. The urologist places tiny implants to hold the prostate lobes apart, like open curtains on a window, to relieve compression on the urethra. This allows urine to flow normally again. The UroLift System treatment can be done in the physician’s office under local anesthesia. Typically, patients return home the same day without a catheter.
An enlarged prostate can narrow or even block the urethra.
Small UroLift Implants are permanently placed to lift or hold the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way and increase the opening of the urethra. The permanent Implants are delivered through a small needle that comes out of the UroLift Delivery Device and into the prostate.
The UroLift Delivery Device is placed through
the obstructed urethra to access the enlarged prostate.
The UroLift Delivery Device is removed,
leaving an open urethra designed to provide symptom relief.
Why Choose The UroLift System?
The UroLift System is an alternative for patients looking for something other than drug therapy or more invasive surgery. Treatment might be right for you if any of the following apply to you:
- You do not want to take another pill every day
- You have tried BPH medication but are unhappy with the side effects
- You do not want to undergo major surgery due to potential surgical risks of side effects and complications
- You want a BPH solution that preserves your sexual function
- You want to regain your quality of life with minimal downtime
Benefits of the UroLift System include:
- Straightforward procedure
- Minimally invasive
- Minimal downtime
- Typically no catheter or overnight stay required after treatment
- Preservation of sexual function
- Durable results
- Rapid symptom relief, as early as 2 weeks post procedure
- As with any medical procedure, individual results may vary. Speak with your urologist to see if the UroLift System procedure is right for you. Most common side effects are mild to moderate and include pain or burning with urination, blood in the urine, pelvic pain, urgent need to urinate and/or the inability to control the urge. Most symptoms resolve within two to four weeks after the procedure.
Thank you for choosing our group of doctors and staff for your Urology needs. In order for us to better serve you, below is a checklist of things to know and bring to your first appointment. If you do not have the paperwork filled out prior to your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete in the office. If you do not have the paperwork filled out prior to your appointment time then your appointment will be rescheduled to another date.
Urology Specialists of Ohio has been a committed part of the Springfield community for more that 10 years, and now serves Springfield, Beavercreek, London, Xenia, and Urbana striving to improve the medical community, with excellence in all areas of urology.
Come and visit
We look forward to your visit. be assured that your great health is our focused passion. click below to see our 5 locations.
1164 E. Home Road
Springfield, Ohio 45503